Neat-O!

Encounters of the "rad" kind that I feel everyone who has cool taste should know about.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Girly Goods.

For those of you that like to wear makeup but rarely venture out of the local drugstore cosmetics isle for fear of spending a boatload of money on products you might not like, I've got a couple that are worth your time and $. I tend to have a nice shiny face by the end of the day and my eyeshadow is forever creasing and smearing on my lids as the hours tick by. I took my first trip to Sephora the other day and the saleswoman recommended Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion and I did my first test run today. I am now home from a long day at work and there is not a smudge or crease to be seen! It really is magic! If you're in the market for a crease-proofer, this stuff is definitely for you.

Also, I've read reviews about Tarte cosmetics and have always thought they seemed pretty cool. I picked up some Tarte Cheek Stain in "Flush" and some Slide Tin Lip Balm and they too rock my world. The cheek stain looks like it would be totally too bright, but gives you just a hint of color when rubbed in. The lip balm in "mouth off" gives a nice hint of color too and is not at all sticky. The best beauty tip I ever got? Go to a Sephora and play with all of the goodies before you buy them! It's not only totally girly and fun, but practical, as you can see exactly what these goodies will look like when you put them on...before you buy them.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love me some Sephora. We don't have one anywhere near here, which sucks. Maybe when Destiny USA comes, haha...

I got the Bare Escentuals Starter Kit from them for Christmas, and it was fabulous. If I had $, I'd reorder the foundation and mineral veil. They looked awesome and stayed on way longer than my Covergirl crap!

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice and informative as well. It would be great to display some photos. Thank you for the links given.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should read this.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home